Friday, April 15, 2011

Highs, Lows, & Craziness!

Where to start?!?!

Lots have been going on this past month... I guess I'll start with me...

3 1/2 weeks ago I woke up early in the morning and my big left toe was swollen, bleeding, and hurting. It looked like a cut in the skin by my nail. So, I took amazing care of it, washed it, but Hydrogen Proxide, & neuosporin every few hours. (**I did call my Cardiologists office back in Michigan, but the nurse prac. that I like wasn't helpful or very nice, just said go to Urgent Care if think I need too... yea I was NOT very happy**). After a week it was looking a lot better, but still swollen, so off to Urgent care I went. It stinks being in California, having no doctors, and only Michigan insurance... luckily my crappy MI insurance does cover ER and Urgent Care visits, but would have gone either way. I got there, explained my Heart condition in basic terms, but I had to write down meds and whatnot on papers anyways. The Doctor was super nice, she took a look at my toe and said it was a very minor infection, if that. Awesome! She gave me a prescription for antibiotics to be on the safe side. We were in and out in no time.

After 3 days on antibiotics I got the constipation side effect (sorry for TMI) REALLY bad and painful! I tried to just fight through it, but the next morning my allergies were really bad and I had high anxiety... guess what happened? Yup, I had a MAJOR anxiety attack, it was so bad that I had trouble breathing... (I've had anxiety attacks before), so I called Chris and he came home from work. I talked to my mom on the phone until Chris got home. I thought I might have to go to the ER, but Chris calmed me down, got me allergy medication, made me lunch, and talked to me. Chris also called the Urgent Care doctor about the constipation... it was decided that instead of taking 2 antibiotic pills a day, I would take just one. I've been doing that since and been feeling fine... my toe is almost 100%... it's just a bit bruised... since I'm a CHDer I heal a little slower. So that was my craziness.

As for me health wise other than my toe, I've been doing pretty good. Allergies have been really bad for me and my muscle spausms in my chest & back have been really acting up lately.... they kept me up last Thursday night... ugh... I will get through it. I've also been getting on and off migraines, but that could be stress too... again I will be ok.

As for my family, it's been a really tough month for both of my parents especially my dad. My dad gave me a scare, but he is fine now. My mom's house is now up for foreclosure sale, but my mom has plans for a new chapter in her life and move to Dallas, Texas. I talk a bit more about things on my personal Facebook as all the people on there I know and trust, but this is a public blog so I can't do that plus some things should always stay in the family and close friends. But please keep my family especially my parents in your thoughts and prayers if you can. thank you!

My online Fairy Tale class ends this week, so I'm excited to be done with it, it was getting a bit boring towards the end. In 10 days Chris and I will be on the road going back home to Michigan to live there for 9months and finish college. Chris got the job at Intel and already signed, so he starts in Jan 2012... so we will be moving back to California. It has been hard being away from family (and my doctors) for a year and I can't wait to see them in 2 weeks! It will be hard to move back next year, but I trust God has a plan for me and Chris as well as my family. I will miss my mom going to Texas and Chris' mom who now lives in Ohio so lots of changes, but with the economy we need to do what we need to do to survive... we are all still family and we will make it work... we still love each other very much no matter where we live and we will keep in contact as well as see each other when we can.

I've been busy cleaning, packing, and wrapping up my Fairy Tale class. I'm not really looking forward to the drive back through the mountains as all the different elevations make it hard to breath sometimes, but I'll be ok. Things will be crazy when I get home to Michigan... finishing school, seeing family, helping my mom out of the house, helping my dad, going to get Chris' stuff from his mom in Ohio as well as visit her, filing medical bankruptcy, my two Cardio appts in June, etc etc. Whew! But I will get through all the highs and lows.

I will keep you all posted about my move and of course my awaited Cardio appts in June which is making me nervous already... I get my first ever Cardiac MRI.... hoping the results are good and no Cardiac Cath in the near future, but if it happens then I will get through it.

***On some happy note: I will get to meet a CHD family with their CHDer this Saturday for a bit, then meeting another one or two on the way home to Michigan, then will be meeting some in Michigan & Ohio when my free time allows. Love sharing my story and spreading Hope!!***

I'm going to end my post with a picture that I found of me from 4 years ago, I took it and made it black and white, then found a quote I loved.... this is the finished product. :)

With Lots of Hope, Love, and Faith,
blog comments powered by Disqus