Sunday, September 6, 2009

September is Here!!!

Hello Everyone! Hope this finds everyone doing alright! September already!?!?

Thought I’d give an update on how I’ve been doing. I can’t believe it’s been ten days since my birthday. I’d like to say “Thank You” again for all the wonderful birthday wishes; they sure put a smile on my face. My birthday was good, my mom took me to get a manicure and pedicure… I’d never had a pedicure before so that was cool, then later that night my boyfriend took me to a restaurant of my choice. I also got some gifts from my little brother, mom, and my boyfriend’s mom. I had a good day, just can’t believe my birthday has come and gone already, my goodness. I pray I have another year full of blessings! =D

I’ve been busy relaxing and enjoying the last of the summer as I start school on Thursday! My boyfriend, Chris, and I will be celebrating 9 months on tomorrow… 9 months goes by fast! I love Chris so much! I will be going to Lake Michigan tomorrow with Chris and coming home on Wednesday night. I’m excited, but kind of stinks that the next day I have school… oh well! I will let everyone know how my time at Lake Michigan goes. I have to say I’m a little worried about starting school because of flu season, but I praying everything will be alright. I’m getting my flu shot soon and I taking precautions against the swine flu.

I do have some good news and some bad… as for good, I have Health Insurance!!! I applied for this Young Adult Program through my county about two weeks ago and got my card a few days ago. The program is through Blue Cross Blue Shield and it costs 112 dollars a month and includes vision and dental. I don’t have money for this Insurance so I’m taking out more loans, but I NEED Health Insurance! I already feel better knowing I have something for right now! As for the bad news, I contacted my State Reps. about my troubles with Medicaid Disability and they wrote back and it seems that they really can’t help me. I’m still going to go to my hearing and I’m still going to try to get Medicaid, but it’s not looking great… I decided I’m going to apply for Social Security Disability and see what happens as a lot of people have been telling me I should. Still praying and keeping my fingers crossed that I can get it, but I’m not stressed anymore knowing I have Health Insurance already even if I can’t pay for it with my own money. I have to do what I have to do.

I have my Cardiology appointment on September 16, I’m happy that I can go! I have a lot of questions for him. Also, I might be changing hospitals… Mott’s Children’s Hospital has an Adult Cardiologist that specializes in adults with Congenital Heart Disease, he use to be a Pediatric Cardiologist so he has more knowledge of my future and other things then my current cardiologist does. I LOVE my Cardiology, but he doesn’t specialize in adults with CHDs and I know that Children’s Hospital has an Adult Cardiologist, but she is young and doesn’t have much experience and I need to go to someone who does. I’ll let you know how things go, but on Sept 16 I will be seeing my Cardiologist that had known me my whole life and I’ll go from there. Prayers would be nice. Thank You!

Well, that’s about it for right now. I continue to pray for so many kids and adults along with their families. Sending many Thanks and **Heart Hugs** to all!!! I hope you all are enjoying the holiday weekend!

With LOTS of Hope, Love, and Faith,





P.S.: THANK YOU to those who have watched my 2nd CHD Montage as well as to those who have passed it on!!! I'm SO happy so many people have loved it!!!

0 Kind words:

Post a Comment