Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mid October Already?!?! Random Stuff and Heart Stuff

Hello Everyone!

I know it has been a long time since my last update… over a month almost two months!! So what has happened since my birthday?!?! Here is a small update…

My 24th Birthday was a nice, quiet, and enjoyable day. Chris took my out for dinner and he had bought me a Ben & Jerry’s ice cream cake (that had no cake in it HA!). Chris let me pick where I wanted to eat and I choose Pizza Papalis which was yummy! Then we got home and had ice cream cake… it was one of the best ice cream cakes I ever had! We ate the WHOLE thing in 4 days! HA! Since my dad lives with us at the moment, he got to enjoy left over pizza that we brought home and some ice cream cake. Chris and my dad sang Happy Birthday to me! :) I got some nice phone calls from my mom and grandparents… and the day before I had gotten to hang out with my awesome little brother. I also received SO many Happy Birthday messages from friends and the amazing CHD community. I felt very loved! Thank you from the bottom of my mended heart!

Here is a picture of me with my Ben & Jerry’s cake on my 24th Birthday (Aug 25):

In other news:

-My little brother, Aaron now lives with my mom in Texas. I miss that kid like crazy!

-Labor Day weekend Chris and I drove down to Ohio to spen

d time with Chris’ mom… we also got to spend time with his older brother, niece, and nephew of a little too. The day we left Ohio Chris and I met an amazing Heart mom and her amazing 2yr old CHD warrior (HLHS… the opposite of me). It was a very special visit that I will never forget!

-My last college semester started on Sept. 7th! I’ve been trying hard to focus and get everything done…. It’s hard though because all I can think of is “I gradua

te college in December!”. I’m so proud of myself and excited to hit this milestone especially being a single ventricle CHDer. College has been keeping me very busy along with other things going on too. I try to take some time to relax.

-I got to meet my dad’s side of the family a few weekends ago for the first time in over 3yrs. It was so nice to get to see them. I had a nice time.

-Last weekend I got to meet two amazing CHD Moms and th

eir CHD warriors. I really enjoyed meeting them! I love meeting CHD families!

-We are only going to be in Michigan another 2 1/2 months before moving back to California, so I’ve been trying to make plans with some people and family so I can see them before I leave. We will be busy packing around Christmas time… oh boy. Chris and I st

ill haven’t figured out how we are going to move everything… as

we have a LOT of stuff this time. Also, I’m moving my heart care to Standford Children’s Hospital when we move to California. I’m nervous and excited about moving and new doctors, but it will all work out.

Heart wise: I kept getting on and off palpitations/weird heart beats that came with discomfort and/or chest pain. I’ve been getting these on and off for over a year, but they seem to come more frequent. I had a 24hr Holter put on me in June, but nothing was picked up. So I talked to my Cardiologist’s nurse practitioner and I received a 30day Life Watch Monitor in the mail. I wore it for 3 weeks. A Life Watch Monitor is like a Holter and a Even Monitor all into one… it has three leads & wires that attach to the chest… then it has a Blackberry cell phone that connects with the monitor and the Life Watch Center… though the monitor runs everyday 24/7 (and yes I could take it off to take a shower), I would send them text messages when I was having symptoms so that a red flag is marked during that period of time during monitoring. I took off the monitor last week and sent it back this week. My Cardiologist’s nurse practitioner said it will take a week or two to review everything. I will update when I know more.

Here is a picture of me with the Life Watch Monitor on back when I first got it:

Alright, that is it for now. I hope to update soon with more news.

Take care! Sending thoughts and prayers to many!

*Heart Hugs* sent to all! <3

With Lots of Hope, Love, and Faith,
blog comments powered by Disqus