Monday, July 19, 2010

First Post of July 2010!

Hi Everyone!

I know it’s been awhile. I wanted to give a little update on how I’ve been doing. First off, Thank You SO much for the nice messages of support, they meant a lot to me. I’ve been doing better since my last update. My anxiety has been lower and my allergies haven’t been as bad, which is great! My family is still going through some tough times and I wish I was there with them, but even if I was there I wouldn’t be able to do much for them anyways. I will just continue to keep my family in my thoughts and prayers as well as call them when I can.

My bestfriend, Tiffany’s 1 year old, Kairi, has a cardiology appointment with my old Cardiologist (the one I had for 22yrs) on July 28st. For those we don’t know, Kairi was born with a murmur, but the murmur has sounded worse and her doctor wants to make sure she is CHD free. Murmur’s run in my bestfriend’s family (she has one, her grandma has one, & her uncle has one), but all have been checked out and been fine. But it’s good that Kairi is being checked out, just in case. Please pray & send good vibes for my bestfriend, Tiffany, and her daughter, Kairi. Thank you! I know that would mean a lot to her and it means a lot to me. I know Tiffany is so nervous and scared. I pray everything will be ok.

Photobucket
Thinking about you Kair! Love you kid!

In news about me, I have a Cardiac MRI date set, but I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it. So, I’ll announce it when dates are set. I did call my Cardiologist’s office today to ask some questions to my cardio’s awesome nurse pactioner. I asked about blood draws, I get one every year, but wanted to see if my new Cardio wanted them done somewhere else or if just getting the basics checked every year is enough; Just wanted to be sure. I also asked about a handicap parking pass thing because when it’s hot or really cold outside it’s hard for me to walk long distances, so we’ll see if I can get one. I always seem to be calling and asking questions about things since I’ve been older, I think that’s a good thing, but I sometimes feel like I’m bugging them, but that’s what they are there for which is to help me.

As for how I’ve been feeling lately, I’ve been feeling good. No SVT (very fast heart rate) episodes in weeks, my anxiety has been lower, and my allergies have been under control for the most part. I did not feel good last week though because of a tummyache and my monthly gift, but I’m back on my feet this week.

For the 4th of July my boyfriend and I went to Lake Tahoe for the day! We live 2hrs away. It was fun! We went to the South part of Lake Tahoe. We got there around 10-11am and played Putt-Putt golf. I lost, but that’s ok it was fun anyways. Then we went out to eat to a yummy burger joint right by the beach. After that we went on our 2hr cruise to Emerald Bay and Lake Tahoe. It was amazing! The Lake is SO SO beautiful! After the cruise we drove around for awhile, then headed home. It was WAY too packed to stay for the fireworks. We aren’t huge firework fans anyways. We got home and went out to dinner then crashed watching TV on the couch. It was a great day! Though we both got sunburned, my bf more so then me. We didn’t think we would because Lake Tahoe is cooler, but the sun was beating down on us haha.
Here are some pictures of Lake Tahoe:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On another note, my 23rd birthday. Yes my birthday is almost here, again! I will be 23! Another big milestone in the CHD world! My birthday is in 36 days! Woah! It will be the first birthday away from my family and I will be alone most of the day because it is a Wednesday ad my boyfriend will be at work. It will be weird and a bit lonely, but I will have my boyfriend at night. And I will most definitely have a birthday post for you all to read as I know I have some new readers.

Alright, sorry of the long post….I have one last if thing to say. I have been asking CHD parents what they want me to write about in new post, so if you awesome CHD parents have any new ideas for me please comment and let me know! Thanks! I will have a post about scars up by the end of the week. I asked many CHDers and CHD parents to write 1-2 paragraphs about scars, their feelings, experiences, etc and I got a lot of replies, but if I missed anyone please e-mail at: sweeetie2516 (at) aol (dot) com with something you’d like to share for me to use in the post.
Thank you!

Love to all! I’m thinking and praying for SO many!

With LOTS of Hope, Love, and Faith,
blog comments powered by Disqus