Sunday, October 11, 2009

Medicaid Update, Nasty Call Answers, and a Birthday Wish!!

Medicaid Disability Update:

I know I haven't given a Medicaid Disability update in sometime, I'm sorry about that. I've been so busy that it has slipped my mind. I did write my two State Reps. and I got a reply from one of them. His first reply to me said he would look into me case, which I was excited to hear. I recieved a second reply from him 5 days ago and he informed me that he can't help me get Medicaid Disability which makes me kind of sad, but I'm ok about it. I think State Reps. should have more pull in my situations, at least the State Reps. in my county. I wrote the State Rep. back and let him know what I think as well as a thank you for taking the time to write and try to help.

I did get a hearing date in the mail the other day, it's for the morning of October 27th. I don't have a lawyer, but I will try my best to sway them. I do have another letter from my Cardiologist, this one states why I can't work which I hope helps. I will let you know what happens.

Nasty Lawyer Call Answers:

1.) I do not remember what lawyers office called me, so I have no way of calling back or reporting them. I wish I was paying better attention.

2.) I do not have a lawyer, I have no money. I do know how to get a free one if or when I get asked to go to court for this, so I will worry then. I have alot on my plate right now.

3.) I'm trying not to let this nasty call to upset me any further, there is nothing I can do about it and I have no money to give them so they can't win this battle.

I thank everyone SO much for supporting me!!! I feel so blessed and loved with all the messages of support that I have recieved about this along with prayers!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! I LOVE you guys!!! It all means SO SO much to me!!! May God Bless ALL of you Sweet and Kind peopl!!! =D

One Last Thing: Today is my Little Brother, Aaron's, 11th Birthday!!!
Happy 11th Birthday, to my Spunky Little Brother!!! Your Sister Loves you VERY Much!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Aaron is of this year my little Football Stud!!!

With LOTS of Hope, Love, and Faith,

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great Lauren!!

    Saying extra prayers that you will be able to convince them that you need Medicaid. I am so sorry that you have had to fight so hard!

    Happy birthday to your little brother!

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and LOgan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your blog link on Stef's. It's so great to see an "older heart baby" and that you're doing so well! My son is almost 6 months old and has several CHDs (not technically HLHS, but sort of). I have to say it's very uplifting to see you doing so well.

    I hate to see you've had such a difficult time with insurance/Medicaid. We'll be praying for that burden to be lifted from you.

    Big Heart Hugs,
    Shannon Carter
    www.carolinacarters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete