Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cardiology Appointment Results!

My cardiology appointment went very well! They moved me through my tests the fastest they ever have, they were on the ball! I like not alot of waiting hehe. The tests went well! My heart looks great! My cardiologist continues to be amazed at how well I'm doing! Alot of adult CHDers with my classic Fontan usually have some kind of complication (thus why they changed how the Fontan is done now), but I have none! My cardiologist was just so pleased and happy at how well I'm doing! I did have a few episodes of SuperVentricular Tachycardia aka very fast heart rate (I have excersie induced SVT's thus I've been on a beta-blocker for 4yrs.) during my stress test, but nothing to be concerned about... and I have NO rhythm problems! =D My cardiologist says to just do mild excersicing, but noting extreme. Other than that he says to keep living!

I told my cardiologist that I'm still concerned about the episode of very bloody stools that I had and landed me in the ER in early July as I've been having on and off spotting since then. He told me that he has been concerned as well. He gave me the name and number of a recommended GI doctor he would like me to see. He told me the bleeding is one of two things: either it came from my intestines and the GI doctor will find out what happened and have an answer for me OR if the GI doctor doesn't find anything it probably came from my heart and I will have a heart catherization to see if any abnormal blood vessels popped and started bleeding down my intestines...there is also a small possiblity that it was just a freak thing. So, I will make an appointment to see the GI doctor ASAP and go from there. I also asked all the other questions that I had for my cardiologist and he gave me the answers I needed. He said I should get the H1N1 shot, so I will be getting it. As for a cardiac MRI, he doesn't see the need for one yet, but maybe in a year or two.

Over all, things went great! I couldn't be more happy, blessed, and grateful for my heart health! I will continue to live to the fullest and keep on leaving my mark on the world!

Thank You ALL so much for the messages of support, much heard prayers, and just following my CHD journey! It ALL means alot to me!

May God Comfort, Guide, and Bless you on your journey!

With LOTS of Hope, Love, and Faith,

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you got some good news at your check up. I know you have been extra nervous about it. Hopefully the GI doc will get you some answers so you won't have to worry about the bleeding episodes anymore.

    Just like he said...keep living Lauren!

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Lauren! You are an inspiration for all of us nervous heart moms!!! I'm so pleased with your card. report! Way to go! I pray all continues to go well and that you can get some answers to your bleeding problem with out having to go through anything invasive!
    Hugs and many prayers!!!

    www.sydniesweetheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're appt. went well too. It's exciting to know that your heart is doing excellent :) Brings us much hope!!! Thanks for sharing about your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news. And I'm glad that you are such a pro-active patient that you have the next appointment practically scheduled!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! I'm glad your heart is healthy! I hope you figure out what's going on with the intestines. Hope it was a freak thing. Heart Hugs!

    ReplyDelete