Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Insurance Update & a Request

Yesterday, my boyfriend received a phone call from Children’s Hospital about payment plans for the physicians’ part of the bill. That was great, but the bill would only be a 104 dollars, it’s the hospital bill of over 4,000 dollars for my appointment that I can’t pay upfront. So, not much help there. At least the girl was nice enough to call. She did talk to her insurance person in the office (because I explained my situation to her) and then we talked to the insurance agent. She told us everyone gets denied the first time around for disability health insurance (good to know, ugh). She also told us to get every record of every test, procedure, and surgery so I can prove to the judge that I NEED health insurance (ugh again). While on the phone she did tell us about the Wayne county young adult health insurance which my bf and I looked up after the call and called them. They said it would be 115 dollars a month and it would cover EVERYTHING including dental and vision. AWESOME!! Though, I STILL don’t have that kind of money, but I do know that it could not interfere with me getting Medicaid disability and if I got Medicaid disability I would be reimbursed for all the money I paid toward the other health insurance. So, I will have to get more information on this new insurance and think about it. It's a step in the right direction though. Yay!! Praying this all gets figured out still!!

So today I got a huge packet of papers in the mail from Medicaid, it was ALL the papers they received on my CHD, scoliosis, and eye muscle disease. They did not send me a hearing date at all! I did look through all the papers and found that the case worker that denied wrote that I’m a 23yr. female and some other miss information which leads me to believe they really didn’t read my documents all that well. I also found in my recent medical records that during my last echo (last Nov.) they wrote that I have a VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect) which is news to me and my mom. Know I would like to ask my cardiologist about it, but I also feel like if he didn’t tell me about it then I shouldn’t be worried about it right now. Praying that the VSD is not a problem as it says it’s moderate size. All in all I learned some information and need to prepare for a hearing and LOTS of questions for my cardiologist. I keeping the faith that everything will turn out fine though.That’s about it for now. I continue to be in good health and my life is still crazy busy. I’ll post after my birthday party this weekend. Thank You ALL for the wonderful messages of support, e-mails, and prayers. They really mean a lot to me. I thank you for continue to follow my journey. Sending many **Heart Hugs**!!


**My CHD Montage Request:**
I'm still in need of pictures for my new CHD Montage. If you'd like to be apart of it I'll need:

- A picture(s) of your child (or you)... a hospital pic and a happy pic would be great.
- Your child's (or your) name, birthday (and angel date if they passed), and CHD

You can e-mail me at: Sweeetie2516@aol.com Thank You!!! =D

*I'd like to have all pictures & info in by the end of the month*

I continue to pray for SO many!!!

With LOTS of Hope, Love, and Faith,

0 Kind words:

Post a Comment